Wednesday, May 9, 2012

OOAK Fairy Disaster Gosh I am Soooo Sad

Hi out there, I am out there diligently working on my next doll/egg project. Or at least I was.


I sculpted a little toddler doll, she was to be a little fairy. Her face was soooo adorable, I kept telling myself to take pictures but kept putting it off.


Some ball of something got on the dial of my convection oven and I adjusted the temperature to that little ball of shmootz.


My little girl burned at a whopping 450 degrees.


I can't get over my sadness. I melted down pretty well myself. I haven't shed that many tears in a long time.


Everybody said "oh my gosh. all that work!"


I could care less about the work. To me it is all needed practice any way.


It is the loss of that little face that cheered me up, even when it was on a wooden stick, the little tiny dimpled hands that were to hold her little swan. The great big blue realistic eyes that looked up with so much hope.


Usually when I make a mistake I want to get going right away and "get back on that horse". Yesterday I sculpted two fine little blue eyed babies' faces.


But neither of them are my little Lily.



So I have decided to abandon the project and mourn her loss. Thanks to my laziness, I have no pictures of this little darling. Only charred remains.


Tomorrow I will start on something else. Today I just want to rest.




I will never make that mistake again.




No comments:

Post a Comment