Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Tassel Topper and OOAK Heads on Sticks! What a Start to the Day!

Well the itch is there for the scratching. I am working on the tassel site...if you have ever built an information based web site with all the bells and whistles you know it takes time. Today I sanding down and am painting one of my own wood tassel forms that I put together. One of the things I am consistently asked is "where do you find the wooden tops for making tassels?" Having made tassels for many years I have some resources, and have had a number turned on my own. However, who wants to pay 5, 10, or even 20 dollars for a wood piece that is going to be covered? The answer is to put together the myriad shapes that you can find right in your own chain craft stores, add a litle clay, sand, paint, and be on your way to a gorgeous piece of art.


Gosh it is soooooooooo hot this summer. It is going to take forever for the paint to dry in the humidity, I always spray chemicals including paint in the garage, because no one likes or needs the fumes.

As ususal the itch to make dolls is also there needing to be scratched. So here are my too new girls. I just love fantasizing about their hair, costumes, etc. The only thing I can't decide on is a color scheme for the larger doll. Any thoughts?




Well back out the sauna/garage to check on the form.

Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment