Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Slow Day

Just a few pictures today...I am working on finishing a tassel adorned with a lot of pom poms. I love these little puff balls because they are fun...AND a great way to use up the odd threads in your stash. This particular tassel set was made using all sorts of leftover needlepoint yarn, Kreinik metallics, assorted Rainbow Gallery threads, and more. I think I will be able to finish these tassels tonight. Here is a picture of the pom poms and the cord from last night's work session.


Also, here are some curtain tie backs that will be going on the "commissions" page soon of the howtomaketassels.com
web site. I love these because the yarns are fine specialty yarns that were on a spectacular clearance sale table at a local yarn shop. With the money I saved on the yarn, I splurged on the beautiful pearl and crystal buttons that embellish the tassel heads. I am always looking out for interesting baubles that I can put on my tassels to make them really unique. It gives me just one more thing to look for when "antiquing" (yes, thinking of an old "Frasier" episode, I am one of those for whom "antique" can be a verb).

Yesterday I posted some tassels with some glass art beads. Here is a close up of one of them. This artist at Dolly Ahles does such amazing lamp work. Her web site is flamedancerbeads.com


I am still looking for the artist of the long iris bead. Is it yours??

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment